The Kinesio Taping Method has been around since
1973 and is continuing to evolve.
About the Tape
-Mimics the qualities of the skin.
-Designed to stretch and last up to 5 days.
- The thickness of the tape is approximately the same as the skin.
- No latex in the tape.
- Water and sweat resistant.
- Darker colors; pink and black absorb more light, slightly increasing the temperature under the tape; blue and tan slightly decrease the temperature.
Six Current Corrective Techniques
- Mechanical - provide stimulation in the desired area through the stretch of the tape.
- Fascia - holds or aligns tissue in a desired position
- Space - reduces inflammation, pain, swelling or edema
- Ligament/Tendon - increase stimulation over the ligament or tendon
- Lymphatic - decrease pressure
- Functional - limit or assist motion
It's not just for athletic injuries. It can also help with:
- Myofascial Low Back Pain
- Elbow Tendonitis (tennis elbow)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hamstring Strain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
**We do NOT dispense medical advice nor prescribe the use of the Kinesio Taping Method as a form of treatment for medical problems.**
Face Lifting and Drainage
Using Massage Cupping Bodywork Therapy, this technique eliminates buildup of wastes and fluids in the face and neck. The action is cumulative, if a series is done 1-2 times per week. This therapy works best in a series of 6-8.
Massage Cupping Bodywork is used in the treatment of cellulite.A very light suction provides drainage, while heavier application will be used to stimulate circulation and loosen adhesions or "dimpling". Long strokes and friction massage will be used while applying a trim balm or a reduction blend oil. Works best when a series of 8 treatments are done in a 4 week period.
The basic theory behind the use ofo magnets has been applied to pain management and injury. All body tissues seem to respond to magnetic therapy, including bone and nerve tissue. Remember that magnetic work is still a modality that the massage world is exploring, but here at Advanced Massage Therapy we are having tremendous positive results on ourselves, clients and family members.